Use these 192 differentiated task cards to supplement your fiction units in your 2nd or 3rd grade classroom. The texts and illustrations needed are on the cards, so you do not need to search for texts to use for practicing the standards.
Every classroom has a range of learners. Some students need to move at a slower pace. Others are ready for more advanced work. This pack includes activities for ALL of these learners. Everything is differentiated. Activities are discreetly marked so that you know, but your students do not.
EVERY CARD is text based, which means the TASK AND TEXT is included on the card. The reading level and question prompts get more complex as you move from Task 1 to Task 24.
Since this pack is recommended for grades 2 and 3, the cards are aligned to both grade level standards. The first twelve cards are more closely aligned to grade 2 and the second twelve cards are more closely aligned to grade 3.
There are EIGHT fiction task card sets in this bundle. Each set has 24 task cards.
The eight sets are:
– And and Answer Questions (RL.2.1 & RL.3.1)
– Moral of the Story (RL.2.2 & RL.3.2)
– Characters (RL.2.3 & RL.3.3)
– Rhythm, Rhyming, & Figurative Language (RL.2.4 & RL.3.4)
– Text Structure (RL.2.5 & RL.3.5)
– Point of View (RL.2.6 & RL.3.6)
– Illustrations Add to the Text (RL.2.7 & RL.3.7)
– Compare and Contrast Similar Stories (RL.2.9 and RL.3.9)
IS THERE AN ANSWER KEY?
NO. The answer key is not complete YET. Some task cards have a detailed answer key right now. But not all answer keys will finished until October 31, 2018.
– Alyssha Swanson
Teaching and Tapas: American Teacher in Spain