40 pages of Shades of Meaning fun! The pack includes group activities, centers, printables, anchor charts, and all the assessments you need to teach Shades of Meaning for verbs and adjectives. Your students will ask to play these games long after they have reached mastery!
The contents include:
– “Charades of Meaning: Level 1” (9 pages of game cards and a center activity for introducing new vocabulary)
– “Where Does it Go” (4 pages of printables for practicing Shades of Meaning)
– “Sort the Shades” (4 pages of printables for practicing Shades of Meaning)
– “Charades of Meaning: Level 2” (Group charades game where students get their team to guess a word with non-verbal communication)
– “Charades of Meaning: Level 3” (Group charades game with more challenging and unique vocabulary words)
– A colorful Shades of Meaning anchor chart
– Two pages of Shades of Meaning assessments
This pack is specifically aligned to the 1st and 2nd grade common core standards but it could be used for remediation with 3rd grade students. It would be an excellent resource for ESL classrooms as well.
I wrote the following blog post describing how I use these games in my classroom: Fun With Shades of Meaning!