Use these 408 differentiated task cards to supplement your fiction and informational text units in your 2nd or 3rd grade classroom. The texts, diagrams, illustrations, and charts needed are all on the cards, so you do not need to search for texts to use for practicing the standards.
Every classroom has a range of learners. Some students need to move at a slower pace. Others are ready for more advanced work. This pack includes activities for ALL of these learners. Everything is differentiated. Activities are discreetly marked so that you know, but your students do not.
EVERY CARD is text based, which means the TASK AND TEXT is included on the card. The reading level and question prompts get more complex as you move from Task 1 to Task 24.
Since this pack is recommended for grades 2 and 3, the cards are aligned to both grade level standards. The first twelve cards are more closely aligned to grade 2 and the second twelve cards are more closely aligned to grade 3.
Included in this Bundle:
Task Cards for Informational Text (2nd-3rd Grade)
Task Cards for Fiction (2nd-3rd Grade)
There are EIGHT literature and NINE informational text task card sets in this bundle. Each set has 24 task cards.
The eight LITERATURE sets are:
– And and Answer Questions (RL.2.1 & RL.3.1)
– Moral of the Story (RL.2.2 & RL.3.2)
– Characters (RL.2.3 & RL.3.3)
– Rhythm, Rhyming, & Figurative Language (RL.2.4 & RL.3.4)
– Text Structure (RL.2.5 & RL.3.5)
– Point of View (RL.2.6 & RL.3.6)
– Illustrations Add to the Text (RL.2.7 & RL.3.7)
– Compare and Contrast Similar Stories (RL.2.9 and RL.3.9)
The nine INFORMATIONAL TEXT sets are:
– And and Answer Questions (RI.2.1 & RI.3.1)
– Main Idea/Topic (RI.2.2 & RI.3.2)
– Connections and Sequence (RI.2.3 & RI.3.3)
– Vocabulary (RI.2.4 & RI.3.4)
– Text Features (RI.2.5 & RI.3.5)
– Purpose of the Text (RI.2.6 & RI.3.6)
– Images and Diagrams (Rl.2.7 & RI.3.7)
– Author’s Point and Reasons (RI.2.8 & RI.3.8)
– Compare and Contrast Two Texts (RI.2.9 and RI.3.9)
IS THERE AN ANSWER KEY?
NO. The answer key is not complete YET. Some task cards have a detailed answer key right now. But not all answer keys have been added yet.
ARE THESE CARDS FOUND IN ANY OF YOUR OTHER PRODUCTS?
Yes. These cards are the same cards found in my 2nd/3rdGrade Reading Notebook for Informational Text and 2nd/3rd Grade Reading Notebook BUNDLE
– Alyssha Swanson
Teaching and Tapas: American Teacher in Spain
There are no reviews yet.