Use these 360 differentiated task cards to supplement your fiction and informational text units in your 4th-5th grade classroom. The texts, diagrams, illustrations, and charts needed are all on the cards, so you do not need to search for texts to use for practicing the standards.
Every classroom has a range of learners. Some students need to move at a slower pace. Others are ready for more advanced work. This pack includes activities for ALL of these learners. Everything is differentiated. Activities are discreetly marked so that you know, but your students do not.
EVERY CARD is text based, which means the TASK AND TEXT is included on the card. The reading level and question prompts get more complex as you move from Task 1 to Task 24.
Since this pack is recommended for grades 4 and 5, the cards are aligned to both grade level standards. The first twelve cards are more closely aligned to grade 4 and the second twelve cards are more closely aligned to grade 5.
There are SEVEN literature and EIGHT informational text task card sets in this bundle. Each set has 24 task cards.
The seven LITERATURE sets are:
– Refer to the Text (RL.4.1 & RL.5.1)
– Theme (RL.4.2 & RL.5.2)
– Characters, Settings, & Events (RL.4.3 & RL.5.3)
– Vocabulary & Figurative Language (RL.4.4 & RL.5.4)
– Point of View (RL.4.6 & RL.5.6)
– Illustrations (RL.4.7 & RL.5.7)
– Compare and Contrast Stories (Rl.4.9 & RL.5.9)
The eight INFORMATIONAL TEXT sets are:
– Text Evidence (RI.4.1 & RI.5.1)
– Main Idea (RI.4.2 & RI.5.2)
– Connections (RI.4.3 & RI.5.3)
– Vocabulary (RI.4.4 & RI.5.4)
– Text Structure (RI.4.5 & RI.5.5)
– Point of View (RI.4.6 & RI.5.6)
– Graphs, Charts, & Diagrams (Rl.4.7 & RI.5.7)
– Reasons & Evidence (RI.4.8 & RI.5.8)
IS THERE AN ANSWER KEY?
Yes! A detailed answer key is included.
– Alyssha Swanson
Teaching and Tapas: American Teacher in Spain