I wish I could hug them!!
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. You must create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. You must choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.
Eleven random things about me:
1. I am obsessed with Kenya. My ultimate dream vacation is a safari. MUST HAPPEN SOON!
2. Even though I live in Spain my Spanish is horrible! Each month I tell myself I am going to sign up for Spanish classes, but it hasn’t happened yet 🙂
3. I grew up in a total hippy household! I always have crazy stories about my childhood in rural Oregon that people don’t believe.
4. I will only drink Starbucks coffee. Even the fanciest Spanish coffee is totally unimpressive to me 🙂
5. I turn 35 in 3 days and I actually excited about it!
6. I am doing my administrative license and math specialist certification this year.
7. After teaching 1st grade for 8 years, I am in my first year of teaching 2nd. I love it!
8. I used to be a bike racer – cyclocross. It was my obsession! I still ride, but only to commute back and forth to work 🙂
9. For the past three years, me and my three other siblings all lived in different countries from each other. My poor mother 🙂
10. I live here in Madrid with my wonderful boyfriend Shadrach. He teaches in a Spanish school and is working on his teaching certification so that we can eventually both teach in American schools abroad.
11. I have a dog back in Oregon that I miss terribly. I have had Daisy since I was 22. She is now a farmdog living with my cousin Liselle and her family.
Answer 11 questions:
1. What is your dream job, besides teaching?
That is a toughie. Maybe some sort of artist/graphic designer.
2. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
To remember everything I have ever read. I am so forgetful!
3. What is your favorite holiday?
I really love ALL holidays! My preference is to go all out on each one. But at Christmas, I am in heaven! Love it!
4. What ONE word describes you best?
5. Did you take a vacation this year? If so, where did you go?
I live life like I am on vacation! Every time I venture around Madrid, I am reminded of that 🙂 But real vacations have been to: Geneva, Seville, Oregon, Yosemite, San Francisco, Portugal, and Salamanca
6. Do you have a special talent?
It totally creeps everyone out, but I can pull my arms all the way back behind my head while holding my hands – like, I could jumprope with my arms! It totally freaks out my students!
7. Where is your favorite place to shop?
Target for sure.
8. Do you collect anything?
Starting to collect magnets of places I have visited.
9. What is the last movie you saw?
Starfall and I loved it!
10. What is the worst place you’ve ever been to?
The emergency room
11. Have you ever met anyone famous?
I ran into Kirsten Dunst in Paris once.
Questions for my blog nominees:
1. Do you believe in astrology?
2. What is your favorite subject to teach?
3. What is your favorite childhood memory?
4. Any hobbies?
5. Do you believe in love at first sight?
6. Are you close with your siblings?
7. Dog person or a cat person?
8. Apple or PC?
9. Best travel experience?
10. If you could live and work anywhere in the world, where would it be?
11. What is the perfect Sunday like for you?